Thursday, March 01, 2007

Dave Joins DriversEd.com Marketing Team

Hello, my name is Dave and I just joined the Driversed.com marketing team. I started working here two weeks ago and I must admit I get really excited every time I come to work every morning.

I know I know, it sounds corny but it’s true! Why? Two reasons:

  • I get to take BART every morning, which wasn't a common mode of transportation for me growing up. Oddly enough, it's helping me adapt to a fast-paced environment.
  • I really enjoy working with Angela, our Marketing Executive. She’s good at what she does and brings a positive vibe to work. And NO, I’m not brown nosing. Really.

In the time I started working here it's hit me how much has changed since I got my driver's license. I remember attending driving school near my high school and having to sit through 8 hours of class for 2 weekends straight.

The memory is vivid because the excitement of getting my license was like a high, but attending the classes was dreadful. I can barely sit still for 2 hours, let alone 8! Coupled with the dry information that makes up theoretical drivers ed, that's torture.

It was also a pain to lose my weekends. When you think about it, they're the only days you get to take off school to spend time with family and friends or do extracurricular activities.

But it wasn't all bad. One thing I liked about driving school was meeting new people my age. How often do you get to meet other city kids outside your high school?

But taking drivers ed in a classroom was part of growing up. Everybody had to do it. It's amazing to me that this rite of passage can be completed online.

If drivers ed was available online when I was in high school, it would have been neat to just take it on my computer from wherever I was after school. That would have also meant more leisure time for what I wanted to do.

Guys, take advantage! You’re only a mouse click away and you can start getting ahead with Driversed.com. Thank God technology can change things for the better.

Written by Dave Arizabal

No comments: