Monday, June 25, 2007

Get off the road and out of the way!!!

I live in a fairly big city (SF). I grew up near an even bigger city (NY). NY is notorious for crazy drivers but SF drivers are by far more dangerous. Why you ask? Because they are clueless and inconsiderate.

Cause in point. I was driving to the office this morning and found myself stuck in the Broadway tunnel for 10 minutes. I could not understand why. And if you have ever been stuck in a tunnel, you know that it just plain sucks. Finally, when I emerged from the tunnel and was still stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. Finally, 1 1/2 blocks up the road (between Powell and Stockton), some old woman was double parked, waiting for her friend/family to come out of the grocery. Damn, I was angry.

Why I am mentioning this story? Answer - To remind all drivers, new and old, that double parking is inconsiderate, illegal and dangerous! If you cannot find a parking space, go around the block. Use you cellphone to coordinate with your friend/family about picking he/she up. But do not clog up the road!

No comments: