Friday, April 13, 2007

California Charter School Conference

Not having to fully recuperate from the night before with only two hours of sleep, I managed to get myself ready to leave for San Diego for my very first business trip.

I had to leave for the California Charter School Association (CCSA) conference with my colleague Angela. The conference was held from March 28th thru the 30th of 2007, but we left the bay area on the 25th.

I was very excited for this trip since we had to travel by car. I felt the rush and got antsy days before the trip. I couldn't wait to go. Road trips can be so exciting, don’t you agree?

What I like most about road trips is food. You make rode stops and buy food from gas stations and you’re excused from buying all that junk and you don't have to feel guilty about it. It’s road trip man! Snack and eat the whole bag of Doritos until you get food coma and fall asleep, and finish the crumbs when you wake up again. Now that’s life!

We took the DriversEd.com mini cooper, which was part of our display for the conference, and I didn’t expect the amount of attention that it received. The attendees were asking if the car was for a raffle and I wasn’t sure whether to take their question seriously, but the moment they smiled I knew they wouldn’t want a car with DriversEd.com logos all over it.

I take it back...maybe they did really want it.

Overall, the conference went really well. Teachers and principals expressed their interest in having their students take online drivers ed with DriversEd.com. They’re well aware of the convenience and the benefit it will bring to their students considering that students are very computer savvy nowadays.

People loved our swag! Words were spreading how nice our pens were and people were coming to our booth to get their hands on it.

In addition, we had this attractive bright orange bracelets, which says I AM NOT A STATISTIC on them to promote safe driving. We passed out a lot of these bracelets, and I’m glad that people still find them cool. It sure made someone in our marketing team happy when she found out that we came back with not a single bracelet left…ahem *Dasha*

There's nothing that I can complain about our trip, except their wasn't a lot of space in the minicooper since we had to shove all our stuff in the back and so I had to scoot my seat forward.

But other than that everything was great, from the people we met, the food we ate and the food we ate.. oh the food!!!

I’m definitely looking forward to more future conferences.
Written by Dave Arizabal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do people learn to drive in the mini?

The DriversEd.com Team said...

yes, the mini is available for behind-the-wheel in the San Jose area.